Foods that Help Fight Anxiety to Live Happier!
Did you know that the food you eat can affect your stress and anxiety level?
There are foods that can help you feel more calm and there are others that act as stimulants. Let’s take a look at some food choices that can help you keep your anxiety and stress levels low.
1. Foods that have tryptophan have a positive effect on stress. Tryptophan is an amino acid that helps your brain make “happy” chemicals. You can find tryptophan in chicken, turkey, bananas, nuts, sesame seeds, oats and cheese.
2. Foods rich in Vitamin B also help keep you calm. Foods high in Vitamin B are chicken, lean beef, leafy greens, citrus, legumes, rice, nuts and eggs. If a person does not have enough B Vitamins (folic acid or B12) they can become depressed.
3. Complex Carbohydrates also help your mood. Choose whole grains like brown rice or whole wheat bread. Skip the processed foods like white bread and white rice. Complex carbs take longer to break down. They enter your bloodstream more slowly which is better to keep your blood sugar more stable. Processed carbs give you a quick surge of energy then cause your blood levels to drop. This leaves you feeling tired.
4. Foods rich in Omega-3 are also great for your mood. These foods include salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerel. Omega-3’s may also protect you against heart disease.
5. High Protein Foods also help your brain feel good and alert! High protein foods have a lot of norepinephrine and dopamine. These brain chemicals improve mental energy and alertness. Foods such as fish, greek yogurt, nuts, beans and eggs are great choices to boost your mood and keep your brain sharp.
Anxiety disorders may develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events.
Researchers are learning that anxiety disorders run in families, and that they have a biological basis, much like allergies or diabetes and other disorders.
Another natural cure is CBD oil which I absolutely love taking daily. There are many different oils on the market and I have tested them all. The company “Infused Edibles” is by far THE BEST CBD on the market. I highly suggest you try some of their many products.