Easy and Healthy Baking Soda Uses
Easy and Healthy Baking Soda uses! I love baking soda because it is such a versatile product. There are so many different uses for both the home and personal care. Another thing I love about baking soda is that it’s so inexpensive and it lasts up to 2 years in the pantry. Baking soda is the best..healthy, cheap and it can replace so many products…let’s take a look at some of my favorite uses.
Health and Beauty Uses
1. Deodorant. This is my absolute favorite use! I stopped using over the counter deodorant/antiperspirants made with aluminum and propylene glycol years ago. I have tried crystals, all-natural products from Whole Foods, none of which worked for me. Even the ones that say they are healthy can still have toxic ingredients! Just take a big powder brush and dip into the baking soda box and brush under your arms. It’s a bit messy but I promise you it works! You will never go back to another product again!
2. Mouthwash. Forget the Scope and add a couple of teaspoons of baking soda to a 1/2 glass of water and stir it up. Fresh breath and no dangerous chemicals!
3. Toothpaste. You can just use the baking soda with some water to keep your teeth pearly white or you can add some coconut and peppermint oil and make a yummy and healthy toothpaste. Can be used for your dog’s teeth too!
4. Relaxing Bath Salts. Add 1/2 cup baking soda to your hot bath for a healthy and luxurious soak.
5. Facial Cleanser. Add 2 tsp soda to a small bowl of water and voila! A cleanser that is gentle on your skin and will make your skin feel soft.
6. Chlorine remover. To get rid of chlorine after swimming in the pool, add 1/2 tsp soda to 1 pint of water. Rinse hair and away goes dullness and discoloration from chlorine.
1. Laundry Booster. Add 1/2 cup to each load of laundry to keep your clothes nice and bright!
2. Produce Rinse. No need to buy special fruit and veggie wash.. just add a couple of teaspoons of soda to water and rinse your produce.
3. Stops Mosquito Bite Itch. Just make a paste with soda and water and rub onto your bite. The itch disappears!
4. Cat Litter Box Deoderizer. Just sprinkle soda into your cat’s litter box and say goodbye to unwanted odors!
5. Toilet Bowl Cleaner. Add 1/4 cup to the toilet bowl and brush!
6. Silver Cleaner. Mix 3 parts baking soda with 1 part water. Use like you would a commercial silver polish.
7. Bathroom Cleaner Scrub. Forget the bathroom cleaners loaded with dangerous chemicals! Just mix 1/4 cup of soda with 1 Tsp of liquid detergent and a little vinegar to make a safe and healthy bathroom cleaner.
8. Ant Killer. No more poisonous ant and roach spray under your sink! Just sprinkle baking soda on anthills or on ant trails to kill them in their tracks!
9. Thermos/Bottle Cleaner. Get rid of nasty smells in your thermos or glassware. Just soak in sink overnight with 2-3 tsp of soda and goodbye to unwanted smells!
10. Windshield Bug Remover. Add 2-3 tsp soda to water and make a paste. Makes cleaning your windshield after a long drive really easy!