Is What You Eat Putting You In A Bad Mood?
Is What You Eat Putting You In A Bad-Mood?
We are all familiar with the saying “You are What You Eat.” This is a true statement and what you eat also affects your mood. Our brains need fuel and we get fuel from the foods we eat. There are healthy foods that are calming and reduce stress. There are also foods that have a negative affect on our brains that can cause mood swings and put us in a bad mood. Junk food and processed foods are bad for our brains and mood. These foods can cause anxiety, depression and can even make us more aggressive.
Here are some foods to avoid that can put you in a bad mood:
1. Artificial Sweeteners and Added Sugar hurt our body’s natural ability to fight stress. This can put us in a bad mood.
2. Salted Nuts and Seeds. Nuts and seeds are a great source of Omega 3’s but they are healthiest in their natural, raw state. Sodium is a no-no for your brain and mood. It also causes bloating!
3. Fake Butter Products. Margarine or any other fake butter products that are bad for your mood and for your insulin level.
4. Deli Meats cause bloating and mood swings. If the animals are not grown without antibiotics, you consume them too.
5. Alcohol. A glass of wine is good for you and your heart. Drinking more than a couple drinks per week lowers serotonin levels in the brain. This increases your stress and anxiety levels.
6. Eggs. Choose whole eggs instead of egg whites. Whole eggs contain protein, choline and B Vitamins which are good for your brain and mood.
7. Coffee. A cup in the morning is great and is healthy but too much coffee causes stress and moodiness!