I know that Bone Broth has so many healing properties but it sounds like it takes a lot of time and energy to make it yourself. The store bought bone broths are not recommended, so what does someone who is interested in the benefits but doesn’t have the time to spend on complicated recipes do?
After much research, I found a simple, no stress recipe that I can live with. This stress-free bone broth recipe can be prepared in a slow cooker! What could be easier? The result is a delicious, healthy bone broth ready in 6-8 hours if you like chicken or turkey, and 12-24 hours if you want to use grass-fed beef.
Here is the simple to follow, foolproof recipe to make you a Bone Broth Aficionado!
2 unpeeled carrots washed and chopped
2 celery stocks with the leaves chopped
1 medium onion chopped
3 peeled and smashed garlic cloves
2 pounds of raw chicken with bones, carcasses, wings, thighs or 3 1/2 pounds of grass-fed beef bones (joints and knuckles)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
2 bay leaves
Directions for Slow Cooker:
- Put veggies, bones, garlic and bay leaves into slow cooker. Add salt, vinegar and add water to cover ingredients by 1 inch.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours for chicken bone broth or 12-24 hours for beef bone broth. Skim the broth once in a while.
- Pour broth through a strainer and throw away the solids.
- Put broth in the refrigerator. The broth should be jiggly. Bone broth stays fresh for 3 days or you can freeze it up to 3 months.
- If you don’t like veggies, you don’t need them!
- If you don’t have and ACV, use lemon juice!
- Choose bones that have the most cartilage. Ask for help at meat counter.
- If you don’t like chicken or beef, use a whole fish!
Benefits of Bone Broth:
Helps reduce inflammation
Great for gut health
Supports a healthy night sleep
Helps with weight loss
Helps fight osteoarthritis