How To Get Rid of Belly Fat
Belly fat is not just ugly but it is also unhealthy for you! Visceral fat is the fat that is deep in your abdomen which is the problem. This fat can affect the ability of your liver to manage cholesterol. This increases your risk of heart disease. Visceral fat also causes insulin which stores fat to be less effective. This increases your risk of diabetes. Visceral fat is also linked to an increased risk of breast cancer.
The good news is you can do something about this toxic visceral belly fat. It’s important to adopt the right habits to fight this dangerous fat. There are lifestyle changes that are key to busting this belly fat and it’s not just what you eat. Let’s take a look at what you can do.
1. Alcohol is a huge belly fat generator! If you have one cocktail per day, chances are you will burn it off. However, if you have more than one, the alcohol turns into belly fat. Alcohol interferes with fat burning in the stomach turning calories into fat.
2. Nicotine from smoking also prevents fat burning in the abdomen. Smokers have more visceral fat than nonsmokers do, even if they are not overweight.
3. Skip the trans fats. Check nutritional labels and stay away from foods that contain partially hydrogenated oils!
4. Bake your own muffins and cookies. Store bought foods, donuts etc..all have trans fats. Use canola oil and sweeten with fresh fruit instead.
5. Ditch the fried foods! Frying food changes the chemical structure of food and leads to an excess of trans fats.
6. Workout! Hit the cardio workouts to burn abdominal fat. Diet alone does not work!! Abdominal fat is more responsive to exercise than any other fat in your body. Get moving!
7. Eat healthy fats. You need 30% of your calories from heart healthy monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fatty acids. Add olive oil, avocados and nuts to your diet to keep healthy.
8. Sleep 7 hours at least per night to keep fat away. Lack of sleep makes you hungrier and it can increase your cortisol level which may be associated to abdominal fat.