This Quick and Easy Liver Cleanse and Weight Loss Drink will leave you happy and healthy—>
The liver is responsible for many essential body functions. The liver is doing things such as detoxification. Making proteins and blood clotting factors as well as making cholesterol and triglycerides. The liver also makes bile that helps us digest our food. The liver breaks down insulin, drugs and alcohol as well. Keeping our liver as free of toxins is important to our health. This easy to prepare liver cleanse tastes great and it can also help you drop some extra pounds. When our bodies are full of toxins, we don’t loose weight. So this drink will get you on your way to a healthier, leaner body!
What You Need:
5 stems of celery
1 cup of chopped parsley
6 cups filtered water
juice of 3 lemons
Just place all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender. When you are drinking this detox, be sure to drink lots of filtered water. This will flush the toxins out of your body and reduce bloating! Keep meals light during detoxification.
Now this is a super easy and healthy way to add some Independence Day spirit to your 4th of July BBQ! Take your favorite red and blue berries add water and freeze them in your ice cube trays! Perfect to cool down any beverage of your choice! Enjoy!
A great way to start your day is with super healthy veggies, fruit, seeds and nut butter! In fact, did you know that 80% of our energy goes back into digestingthe foods we eat??? So, drinking healthy smoothies is a perfect way to get your nutrients in an easy to digest way. This smoothie is probiotic rich and will give your digestive system a break!
What You Need:
2 cups of blueberries
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 cups spinach
2 tbsp almond butter
2 scoops vanilla protein powder ( I prefer veggie protein not whey)
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup coconut probiotic drink
Blend all ingredients and ENJOY!!!!
Here is some more digestion tips and information for you to enjoy:
Stay hydrated and skip the bad habits. Quit Smoking and avoid excessive caffeine and alcohol. Make sure to Eat a high-fiber diet and Get insoluble and soluble fiber. Try to Limit foods that are high in fat. Make sure to Choose lean meats. If you incorporate probiotics into your diet and eat on schedule you will notice success.
There are some tips that can help you make your own delicious and healthy smoothies at home which are far less in calories and sugar than those you pay a fortune for at your local smoothie bar. Here’s what the Professional Smoothie Makers Do:
1. Buy a good blender minimum 800 watt motor. Vitamix is the top of the line! Mine is 13 years old and still good as new!
2. Prepare your frozen fruit ahead of time to make it easy and fast to prepare your smoothie. Slice up any fruit you like and throw them into a freezer ziplock bag and into the freezer. My favorites are bananas and strawberries. When you use frozen fruit, there is no need to add ice as the fruit will make the smoothie nice and thick!
3. Add healthy ingredients like almond milk, plain greek yogurt or coconut water to be the base of your smoothie. Skip the fruit juices as they are high in sugar.
4. Add leafy greens for the health benefits! Kale, spinach, chard, watercress are super foods that will pack your smoothie full of the good stuff you need to keep you full and healthy! I buy pre washed organic greens and put them into the freezer so they stay fresh!
5. Lastly, add your favorite protein powder to make your smoothie a meal!
Not all Smoothies at the Smoothie/Juice Bar are healthy! Sorry to say that just because they have lots of “healthy” sounding ingredients in them does not mean that they are not loaded with calories and sugar! Here’s some helpful tips to ensure your smoothie is a Healthy one!
1. Check on Calorie Count! If you want a meal replacement, look for 400 calories with 10 g protein and 5 grams of fiber. For a snack, choose a smoothie around 200 calories.
2. Dairy. Choose low fat milk or plain yogurt. Better choices are almond or soy milk.
3. Use ice as a base not fruit juice which is loaded with sugar and calories.
4. Sweeten with whole fruit! Choose fruits that are low in sugar such as apple, 1/2 banana or berries which will keep your blood sugar level.
5. Skip the sugary syrups! Just say No to this junk.
6. Add Nut Butters for protein like peanut butter or almond butter.
7. Seeds. Add chia, flax or hemp for added protein.
8. Always add one green veggie ingredient such as spinach or kale to get your anti-oxidants, phytonutrients and cholesterol lowering fiber…
Follow these tips and You Will Have a Healthy Smoothie!!
Spring is a time of rebirth after a long, cold winter. Spring is a great time to start fresh and cleanse your body of all the toxins that have been building up all winter. Raw foods are especially cleansing and juicing is a great way to detox and add alkalizing green veggies into your body to support your liver and kidney function and get you feeling healthier and stronger.
Here’s a light and tasty recipe sure to kickstart your Spring Cleaning!
What You Need:
1/2 head of romaine
1/4 bunch dandelion greens
Just put all ingredients into your juicer and voila! Drink immediately or you can refrigerate the drink in an airtight container for 24 hours.
Now ask your employer for a raise and get fruit delivered to your office weekly from Fruit Fresh Delivery🙂